Sunday, September 5, 2010

Wait I still have a blog?

I know it has been a long time but better late than never. I figure a weekend of racing is a good way to get back into the swing of things.

The races were South of Gainesville as usual. Saturday was a nice little crit in New Port Ritchey. I got a good warm up and raced hard. Got away solo early for 2 or 3 laps before they closed me down. Figured I should sit in for a bit and see what developed. A couple other breakaway attempts, but nothing stuck. About 30 minutes in to the 45 minute time I rolled off the front with another guy who was riding hard and I know from past races likes to mix things up. We did not get far as the field saw the danger and shut us down. I was pretty cooked and drifted to the back of the back which had thinned quite a bit. The lap cards came out with 5 to go and I did not have much left in the tank. Tried to move up a couple times but only managed a few places. Finished the race with the main group somewhere in the top 20.

I was expecting Sunday to be a hard race and it did not disappoint. There were rumors when we first moved here that Florida had no hills. Today's race disproved that hypothesis. To make matters worse this was a combined Pro 1/2/3 race. We were averaging 26mph over the hills and into the wind. On the 3rd lap my legs had enough and I was off the back with a few other guys on one of the longer hills. We tried to chase back on, but did not make it back. My legs were cooked and I slowed way down to recover. After a few minutes I was feeling better and started to work on chasing down the others that were getting dropped from the main field. Picked off 4 or 5 before riding the final lap with JT a rider from EMBE Associates.

Not the results I was looking for, but my form is retuning to were it was this spring. I should be ready to kill the State Championships and the cross season.

No comments:

Post a Comment